If winter has you wishing you could migrate to a tropical paradise for the season, then this comforting chili may be just what you need. Pulled jackfruit brings the essence of comfort food to this smoky belly-warming chili. It's also packed with three kinds of beans and seasoned with a homemade smoky spice blend that you will definitely find other uses for in your kitchen.
Smoky Slow Cooker Pulled Jackfruit Chili [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Chili:
- 18 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed if from can
- 18 ounces kidney beans, drained and rinsed if from can
- 18 ounces cannellini beans, drained and rinsed if from can
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 5 ounces mushrooms, diced
- 2 20-ounce cans of young green jackfruit in water, drained
- 2 28-ounce can diced tomatoes with chilis, drained
- Homemade smoky chili seasoning (recipe below)
For the Garnish:
- Vegan Greek yogurt
- Thinly sliced scallions
- Grated vegan cheddar cheese
For the Homemade Smoky Chili Seasoning:
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes (less if you'd prefer no heat)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- Mix all of the contents for the homemade smokey chili seasoning together until perfectly blended. Set aside.
- Place all of the chili ingredients into the slow cooker.
- Dump the chili seasoning into the slow cooker and mix well to blend.
- Keep the slow cooker on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve and garnish with optional garnishes.