This is the kind of recipe you need on hand for those nights that you want a delicious meal, but don't have any time to spend in the kitchen. The mixture, which is composed primarily of tomato paste, garlic, Medjool dates, and onion, simply needs to be blended before left in the slow-cooker. So, go on! Go about your day and look forward to the scrumptious sloppy joes you'll enjoy later!
Slow-Cooker Sloppy Joes [Vegan]
- 3 cups textured vegetable protein
- 3 cups water
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 cup Medjool dates, soaked and pitted
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 tomato, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon black strap molasses
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce
- Add water, dates, garlic cloves, tomato, and tomato paste to a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth. Next, add remaining ingredients to the blender except the textured vegetable protein and stir, or blend on low until fully incorporated.
- Turn a crock pot on high. Add textured vegetable protein, blender mixture, and diced onion. Stir until protein is thoroughly coated with the blender sauce and onion. Cook on high for 4-5 hours, or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Seitan (Plant Protein)