Parsnips make a great crockpot alternative for those who eat vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, or paleo. The nutty flavor of the root vegetables mixed with the creamy almond milk and coconut cream creates a satisfying dish to add to any menu. This is an easy-to-make, comfort-food style dish that is perfect for any family party.
Slow Cooker Rosemary Carrot Parsnip Mash [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- Wash your vegetables. Peel if desired.
- Steam carrots and parsnips in microwave bowl for 90 seconds.
- Chop into smaller pieces then add to slow cooker with 1 cup milk, oil, rosemary sprigs, and 1/4 teaspoon garlic and salt. Cover and place on high.
- About one hour into cooking, skim the browning milk on the sides of the slow cooker and then mash it up with veggies.
- Continue to cook for another 90 minutes and watch browning on sides again.
- After 2 1/2 hrs cooking on high, place on low and remove the stick sprigs. Leave the leaves that fell off.
- Add in 2 tablespoons butter, black pepper, 1/4 teaspoon more garlic and sea salt. Mash all together until chunky.
- To make it more creamy, add in 1/4 cup cream and mash them whip if desired.
- Turn on warm until ready to serve.
- Garnish with extra rosemary if desired.