This pulled jackfruit jambalaya is going to have everybody asking for a second helping. Jackfruit, cauliflower, rice, and lots of bold spices are all added to a slow cooker and hours later, you get to come home to a delicious meal with all the work done for you. Perfect!
Slow Cooker Pulled Jackfruit Jambalaya [Vegan]
- 7 ounces brown rice, rinsed
- 4 1/4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 can jackfruit, drained
- ½ cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 celery sticks, chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp parsley
- 2 tsp basil
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add the rice and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Drain the rice and transfer to the slow cooker. Add all of the other ingredients and stir a couple of times.
- Cook in the slow cooker on low for eight hours or high for four hours.
- Use two forks to shred the jackfruit and add salt or pepper to taste.