These tacos are so satisfying because they're so easy to make and good for you, too! All you have to do is stick all the ingredients in your slow cooker, then whip up the salsa and guacamole when it comes time to serve. It seriously doesn't get better than that!
Slow-Cooker Mexican Tacos With Guacamole and Salsa [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 medium white onion (thinly diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 sweet potato (peeled and diced into 1-inch cubes)
- 2 large tomatoes (diced)
- 1 cup of beans (black or adzuki) – soaked overnight in water
- 1/2 cup of quinoa, raw
- 3 1/2 cups or vegetable stock or water
- 3 tablespoons of tomato paste or add more fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons of cacao powder (to add at the end)
- 12 gluten-free corn tacos (small ones)
- 1 iceberg lettuce, sliced
- 1 bowl of cashew cheese
- 1 chili, thinly sliced
- Coriander for garnish
- 2 large avocados
- 1 lime
- Salt and pepper
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 red chili, diced
- Small handful of coriander
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- To your slow cooker add all the taco ingredients except for the cacao powder, which is added at the end. Give it all a stir and then place the lid on top and either turn to low or high depending on your time restrictions. I personally love cooking it for the day on low (7-8 hours) to let all the flavors intensify, but four hours on high works equally as well.
- 1 hour 30 minutes before the taco mixture is finished cooking add the 2 tablespoons of cacao powder and mix in quickly. Also check if you need to add more water if it is looking dry or it’s sticking.
- Now start making the salsa by chopping up all the ingredients and tossing them in a bowl. Do the same with guacamole and store in the fridge.
- Slice and wash the iceberg lettuce and place in a bowl ready to be eaten. Lastly, heat your tacos by wrapping them in foil and placing them in the oven for 7-10 minutes or until they are warm.
- Serve your tacos by layering everything on the middle and folding them in half.
- Beans - All