This is the ultimate for the pressed-for-time, whole-foods-loving individual. Ribbon zucchini noodles are sautéed with mushrooms and vegetables and tossed in savory tomato sauce with herbed cashew ricotta. All this flavorful experience needs is just 30 minutes of your time.
Skillet Zucchini Ribbon Pasta With Herbed Ricotta [Vegan]
- 1/2 large white onion, chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 1/2-2 pounds zucchini
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 pounds shiitake mushrooms, washed
- 12 ounces pasta sauce of choice
- 1 tablespoon thyme, divided
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, divided
- 1 tablespoon oregano, divided
- 4 ounces vegan ricotta
- Peel the zucchini. Using your vegetable peeler or mandoline, peel long ribbons of zucchini into a colander. Sprinkle with salt and cover with clean towel or paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté onion until soft, about 5-6 minutes. Add in garlic and asparagus and sauté for another 5-6 minutes, until asparagus softens. Toss in Shiitake mushrooms and ribboned zucchini and cover for 5-6 minutes. Add in pasta sauce, half of each of the spices, and stir. Turn heat to medium-low and cook for another 5-6 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and serve.
- In a small bowl, whip the vegan ricotta and herbs with a whisk or a fork. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place 4 dollops of ricotta on each serving or leave on the side for each to grab as they please.