This is a delicious and convenient breakfast! It’s also great toss with pasta. Versatility is key. Plus when cleaning out your fridge, its a great way to use up onions and peppers you have on hand.
Skillet Sausage Peppers and Roasted Potatoes [Vegan]
- 1 package of vegan sausage
- 1 to 2 yellow onions roughly chopped
- 4-6 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2-3 bell peppers, any colors
- 1 tablespoons of fennel seeds
- 3-4 Yukon potatoes, cubed
- Olive oil
- First, begin by roasting my potatoes in a 350ºF oven on a baking sheet. Simply put your potatoes on a baking sheet and spray with olive oil. Toss around and bake until golden brown for about 35-45 minutes – tossing occasionally.
- After the potatoes have cooked, remove and set aside. Leave the oven on. Into a cast iron skillet, add your onion and peppers and sauce until cooked down and the onions start to brown. Add your chopped garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Then add you fennel seeds. Cook for another minute or so. Add your sausage, cut however you prefer. Cook until golden over low/medium heat. This normally takes 10-12 minutes, stirring often.
- Once cooked through add your potatoes into your skillet and stir well. Place the skillet into your oven for 10 minutes.