Not only are veggie burgers simple, but they’re so delish! We love how versatile they are too. You can eat them the typical way, on a bun with condiments, or you can get creative. You can eat these burgers chopped up on salads, sliced and put in a wrap, cut into pieces for a “Buddha” bowl, and even just eat them like a snack.
Simple Sweet Potato Veggie Burgers
- 2 cups cooked sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 (15 ounce) can (about 1/2 cups) cooked white beans (other beans work as well such as butter beans or garbanzos)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- Preheat oven to 350°F then line a baking tray with foil and spray lightly with olive oil or line with a silicone baking pads.
- Combine sweet potato, beans, and garlic in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add seasoning then pulse until nearly smooth. Scrape into a large bowl and add the oat flour and flax then mix well. Use a runner spatula to form mixture into 6 patties and place on prepared tray.
- Bake in oven for about 18 - 20 minutes on each side (flip after first 10 minutes) then remove from oven and allow them to cool for about 10 minutes to set up or they will fall apart.
- Toast buns if desired and assemble burgers by placing patties on buns and topping with any other toppings you like.
Optional Toppings: large lettuce or kale leaves, washed and dried onion, thinly sliced tomato, thinly sliced 6 of your favorite hamburger buns.(gf if needed) condiments such as bbq sauce or ketchup
- Sweet Potato