Not only are veggie burgers simple, but they’re so delish! We love how versatile they are too. You can eat them the typical way, on a bun with condiments, or you can get creative. You can eat these burgers chopped up on salads, sliced and put in a wrap, cut into pieces for a “Buddha” bowl, and even just eat them like a snack.
Simple Sweet Potato Veggie Burgers
Ingredients You Need for Simple Sweet Potato Veggie Burgers
- 2 cups cooked sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 (15 ounce) can (about 1/2 cups) cooked white beans (other beans work as well such as butter beans or garbanzos)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
How to Prepare Simple Sweet Potato Veggie Burgers
- Preheat oven to 350°F then line a baking tray with foil and spray lightly with olive oil or line with a silicone baking pads.
- Combine sweet potato, beans, and garlic in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add seasoning then pulse until nearly smooth. Scrape into a large bowl and add the oat flour and flax then mix well. Use a runner spatula to form mixture into 6 patties and place on prepared tray.
- Bake in oven for about 18 - 20 minutes on each side (flip after first 10 minutes) then remove from oven and allow them to cool for about 10 minutes to set up or they will fall apart.
- Toast buns if desired and assemble burgers by placing patties on buns and topping with any other toppings you like.
Optional Toppings: large lettuce or kale leaves, washed and dried onion, thinly sliced tomato, thinly sliced 6 of your favorite hamburger buns.(gf if needed) condiments such as bbq sauce or ketchup
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Sweet Potato
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.