Making this lemon balm ice cream version of "nice cream" is really the easiest thing in the world. Lemon balm has such a nice flavor already, although it’s not as intense as its cousin mint. That’s why I love to add some additional lemon to the recipe, to bump up the lemon flavor. There is no sweetener included in this recipe, as the frozen bananas are usually already very sweet on their own. It’s really quick, easy and fuss-free to make this Lemon Balm Ice Cream. Also, it doesn’t heat up your kitchen!
Simple No-Churn Lemon Balm Ice Cream [Vegan]
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1 handful lemon balm leaves
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- 1 splash rice milk
- 1 tablespoon oats (optional)
- Use a food processor or blender and pulse the lemon balm leaves a few times, together with the lemon juice. If you want to make it more of a breakfast, add in the oats too.
- Add the frozen banana and just as much liquid as your blender or food processor needs, so the mixture turns creamy.
- Don't over-blend, or your ice cream will turn into a smoothie – it's still delicious, but probably not what you are going for!