Making this lemon balm ice cream version of "nice cream" is really the easiest thing in the world. Lemon balm has such a nice flavor already, although it’s not as intense as its cousin mint. That’s why I love to add some additional lemon to the recipe, to bump up the lemon flavor. There is no sweetener included in this recipe, as the frozen bananas are usually already very sweet on their own. It’s really quick, easy and fuss-free to make this Lemon Balm Ice Cream. Also, it doesn’t heat up your kitchen!
Simple No-Churn Lemon Balm Ice Cream [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Simple No-Churn Lemon Balm Ice Cream [Vegan]
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1 handful lemon balm leaves
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- 1 splash rice milk
- 1 tablespoon oats (optional)
How to Prepare Simple No-Churn Lemon Balm Ice Cream [Vegan]
- Use a food processor or blender and pulse the lemon balm leaves a few times, together with the lemon juice. If you want to make it more of a breakfast, add in the oats too.
- Add the frozen banana and just as much liquid as your blender or food processor needs, so the mixture turns creamy.
- Don't over-blend, or your ice cream will turn into a smoothie – it's still delicious, but probably not what you are going for!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.