I haven’t had a quiche, or an omelet, or anything remotely like that since I became vegan. I don’t miss any of those old foods – if occasionally I eat something with egg or dairy in it at work, it can make me feel a little queasy. But I do get a bit stuck in a rut sometimes, making a lot of salads or the same old quinoa and veggies. Sometimes, I just want something a bit more traditional, rustic, or that takes a little more time and effort. Cue the good ol’ vegan quiche. This is nothing like a quiche Lorraine, make no mistake. It has the same form as a quiche, but the taste won’t be the same that you are/were used to. It does, however, satisfy you the same way a traditional quiche would: it’s a hearty meal that will warm you to your core and turn you mellow as a marshmallow. Sit back in your plump sofa with a plateful of this flavor-packed meal, and enjoy every bite.
Butter Bean Quiche [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Butter Bean Quiche [Vegan]
- 1 can of butter beans (400g)
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 50 g peas
- 2 - 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- approx. half a sheet of roll-out puff pastry (or for a thicker crust, fold the whole sheet double)
- one other vegetable of your choice: courgette/zucchini, red bell pepper, green beans, etc.
- 1 - 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- a few sunflower seeds to garnish
How to Prepare Butter Bean Quiche [Vegan]
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC/356ºF. Cover the bottom and sides of a medium-sized round pie dish with the puff pastry sheet, pressing it down with your fingers.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the butter beans with a little bit of vegetable oil until smooth. Add the nooch, garlic and turmeric powder and blend some more. Chop up your vegetables and add this to the mixture before pouring it into the pie dish.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes. Top with some sunflower seeds before serving.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.