This pie is super delicious, not too sweet, and completely decadent. Firm tofu blended with creamy peanut butter and a touch of sweetener creates a peanut butter pie filling that's rich, silky, and pairs perfectly with the chocolate pie crust. Top with a chocolate drizzle, dried fruits, and nuts to get this delicious pie ready for serving at a party!
Silky Peanut Butter Cream Pie [Vegan]
For the Filling:
- 10.5 ounces firm tofu, pressed dry
- 1/2 cup smooth unsalted peanut butter
- 1/3 cup sweetener/sugar of choice
- 1/8 cup barley malt powder (or vegan protein powder of choice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- A pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
For the Cocoa Pie Crust:
- 1 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoons flaxseed powder
- 1/8 cup soy milk
- 1/8 cup date soaking water
- 3/4 cup soaked dates
- A big pinch salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Topping:
- 1/4 cup pistachios, measured then crushed
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/8 cup coconut oil
- 1/8 cup cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 355°F and coat a round baking pan with oil.
- In a food processor, blend the filling until creamy and smooth, then set aside in the refrigerator.
- Blend the cocoa pie crust in a food processor until it forms a ball and can be pinched between your fingers.
- Press into the baking pan and along the edges. Take a fork and press along the top edges if you like.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let it cool.
- Spread the filling into the pie crust and smooth over the top.
- In a small bowl, mix the coconut oil and cocoa powder, along with any additional sweetener if desired, until you get a smooth chocolate.
- Pour or drizzle the chocolate over the top, and then press in the cranberries and pistachios before the chocolate sets.
- Store in the refrigerator overnight before slicing.
Can last approximately a week when stored in an airtight container.