This recipe is perfectly savory and wonderful to pair with an avocado cream or vegan mayo, or even finely chopped baked potatoes, a few slices of roasted onion, avocado slices and baby arugula.
Shredded Mushrooms [Vegan]
- 2 cups (500 g) mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3.5 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1.5 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons spice mixture (see below)
- Start by making the spice mixture for the mushrooms by stirring in a bowl: from 1 tbsp. garlic powder, onion powder, salt, oregano, from 1/2 tbsp. sweet paprika and from 1/4 tbsp. coriander, pepper, cumin and dried mint.
- Then shred the mushrooms with your hands. Then, I heat the oil in a non-stick pan, sauté the mushrooms for a few minutes, after I have sprinkled them well with the mixture of spices. Then add the tomato paste, soy sauce, vinegar, agave and onion and garlic powder.
Stir and let them cook over medium heat. Then transfer the pan to a preheated oven at 356 degrees F to broil to get the mushrooms crispier. If you do not have a pan suitable for an oven, place the mushrooms in a pan lined with parchment paper.