Nothin' beats a big ol' bowl of noodles — hence why ramen is beloved by so many. This easy ramen recipe features an umami vegan chicken broth that's infused with sesame oil and packed with gluten-free rice noodles, sweet bell peppers, carrots, and meaty Portobello mushrooms. Add a sprinkle of black sesame for a little extra flavor and to make it picture-perfect.
Sesame Portobello Ramen [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Sesame Portobello Ramen [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 slice of onion
- A slice of red bell pepper
- 3 baby carrots
- 1/4 of a Portobello mushroom cap
- Fresh ginger as desired
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari, to make it gluten-free
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Vegan chicken bouillon
- 2 cups water
- 3 ounces rice vermicelli
- Greens of choice (kale, green onion, bok choy, etc...)
- Rice vinegar (optional)
How to Prepare Sesame Portobello Ramen [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Chop garlic, onion, bell pepper, carrots, green vegetables, and mushroom. Grate ginger finely.
- Sauté onion and garlic in oil with salt. Saute carrots with salt. Remove everything you just sauteed. Sauté green vegetables (unless it’s green onion). Add mushrooms and a sprinkle of soy sauce. Sauté until soft, then remove.
- Add cooked onions and garlic back to the pot. Add water, soy sauce, agave, ginger, a splash of rice vinegar, and bouillon. Once water heats up add noodles.
- Once noodles are cooked, transfer to a bowl with broth. Place vegetables around the pasta.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 327 | Total Carbs: 40 g | Total Fat: 16 g | Total Protein: 6 g | Total Sodium: 748 g | Total Sugar: 21 g Calculation used half a bouillon cube.Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.