Broccoli is a very interesting vegetable. It has that chunky texture and nutty flavor that is quite hard to find on other vegetables. On its own it may taste very basic but with the proper seasoning it can be really wonderful, which is exactly what this recipe achieves!
Sesame Broccoli [Vegan]
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Cook broccoli in boiling water to your liking, I like mine crunchy so I cook them around 4-5 minutes. Remove from boiling water then rinse in running cold water to stop it from cooking.
- In a pan add sesame oil and garlic, cook in low heat until garlic sizzles. Add the broccoli and sesame seeds, toss until broccoli is heated through.
- Remove from pan place in serving platter then drizzle soy sauce on top. Serve.