This is a quick, easy version of the classic Chinese dish, beef, and broccoli. The slightly spicy, sweet sauce coats the tender broccoli and the sautéed seitan, and the whole thing is topped with fresh green onions and sesame seeds. You'll never have to order delivery again.
10-Minute Seitan ‘Beef’ and Broccoli [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for 10-Minute Seitan ‘Beef’ and Broccoli [Vegan]
- 1 8-ounce package seitan
- 3 cups broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon coconut or brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- 2 green onions for garnish
How to Prepare 10-Minute Seitan ‘Beef’ and Broccoli [Vegan]
- Mix the ingredients for the coconut sugar, garlic, ginger, rice vinegar, cornstarch, soy sauce, and broth in a small bowl and whisk them until everything is combined. Spray some non-stick spray into a medium-sized saute pan and heat it.
- Sauté the seitan for about 2 minutes until it begins to brown.
- Add in the broccoli and stir it in order to cook the mixture for about 2 minutes.
- Whisk the sauce again and pour it in. Cook for about 2 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Garnish the dish with sesame seeds and green onions.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 642 | Total Carbs: 59 g | Total Fat: 4 g | Total Protein: 90 g | Total Sodium: 4178 g | Total Sugar: 41 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.