These homemade oat cakes can be enjoyed with hummus, guacamole, dairy-free cheese, jam- you name it! They are ultra crumbly, tasty, and light, which makes them perfect for lunch with fresh salad or to nibble on by themselves. They are somewhere between a cracker and cookie, and not only are they super versatile, but they are easy and quick to make as well.
Scottish Oat Cakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
20 oat cakes
- 2 cups of gluten-free oats
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 1/3 cup of light olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of hot water
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the oats, ground oats, oil, water, salt, and combine until a dough like texture forms. If it's too crumbly, add more water. Set aside for 15 minutes to allow the oats to absorb the water.
- Dust a clean worktop with flour and roll out the dough until around one tenth of an inch thick.
- Using a round cookie cutter, cut out the oatcakes and place them onto the lined baking tray.
- Once all of the oat cakes are ready, pop them into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden in color.