This recipe for vegan sausage stuffed mushrooms will have even your most carnivorous friends begging you to make them again and again! You can make them giant as a single serving appetizer or even the main course, or just grab a couple dozen smaller ones for bite-sized finger food for your next gathering.
Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms [Vegan]
24 small mushrooms or 12 jumbo mushrooms
Ingredients You Need for Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms [Vegan]
- 24 baby bella mushrooms or 12 jumbo portobella mushroom
- 8-ounces vegan sausage
- 6-ounces vegan cream cheese
- 1/4 cup and 1 tablespoon vegan parmesan cheese
- 1 small yellow onion (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 large celery rib (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 packed cup flat-leaf parsley
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
How to Prepare Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms [Vegan]
- Wash and de-stem the mushrooms but reserve the mushroom stems.
- Take 1 tablespoon of the vegan butter and coat the bottom of a 9X13-inch baking pan.
- Arrange the mushrooms in the pan.
- Combine the parsley, celery, garlic, and onion with the mushroom stems in a food processor and process until everything is shredded like hash.
- Cook the vegan sausage over high heat until it is browned then add the chopped veggies with the sage and thyme and cook for about 1 minute.
- Lower the heat and add the vegan cream cheese and cook over medium heat until all is combined well.
- Add the bread crumbs and the 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper then remove from the heat and fill the mushroom caps with the sausage mixture.
- Top each one with the remaining 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese and the 1 tablespoon remaining butter (each mushroom gets a tiny spot of vegan butter).
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 25 minutes.
Mushrooms are best served hot out of the oven but can be made ahead of time and reheated. Leftover mushrooms should be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per 1 mini-mushroom: Calories: 63 | Carbs: 6 g | Fat: 3 g | Protein: 3 g | Sodium: 155 mg | Sugar: 0 g Per 1 jumbo mushroom: Calories: 127 | Carbs: 12 g | Fat: 5 g | Protein: 6 g | Sodium: 311 mg | Sugar: 1 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.