This pie is like a big peanut butter cup, but better. A light and fluffy peanut butter filling is set over a chocolate sandwich cookie crust that requires no baking at all. It's then covered with a smooth, rich chocolate peanut butter ganache and sprinkled with a topping of chopped peanuts. The textures all work together in harmony to create a decadent dessert that'll have you dreaming about this pie.
Sandwich Cookie Peanut Butter Pie [Vegan]
For the Sandwich Cookie Crust:
- 7-ounces chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, melted
For the Peanut Butter Mousse Filling:
- 3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup fine sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Peanut Butter Chocolate Ganache:
- 1 tablespoon crunchy or smooth peanut butter
- 4 ounces vegan dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- Crushed peanuts, for sprinkling
To Make the Crust:
- Pulse the cookies in a food processor until they form fine crumbs. Pour in the melted vegan butter and pulse until fully incorporated. Press the crust into pie pan and freeze for 10 minutes while making the filling.
To Make the Filling:
- Combine all the ingredients for the peanut butter mousse in a bowl and whip with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Pour the mixture onto the frozen crust and spread out evenly. Freeze the entire pie pan for an hour.
- Before taking your pie out of the freezer, prepare the ganache.
To Make the Ganache:
- Chop the chocolate and transfer it to a bowl along with the peanut butter. Heat the coconut cream in a small saucepan until it simmers and then pour it over the chocolate/peanut butter immediately. Stir until you have a smooth and glossy ganache. Add the peanut oil into ganache and stir until fully incorporated.
- Pour the ganache over the set pie and spread/smooth it out. Sprinkle chopped or crushed peanuts on the surface of the ganache and leave the pie in the refrigerator for an hour until the ganache sets.