Samoas are among the most popular Girl Scout Cookies, and these little bite sized treats transforms them into delicious truffles. If you love samoa cookies then you must try these decadent bites, as they perfectly capture that chocolatey coconut taste!
Samoa Truffles [Vegan]
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 3 tablespoons coconut butter
- 3 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup melted vegan chocolate
- Place dates and coconut butter in a blender until very smooth
- Add in the desiccated coconut and almond meal and pulse until combined
- Form into balls (about 1 tablespoons each) and freeze for 10 minutes just until firm
- Melt the chocolate and place in a ziplock bag. Cut off a tiny corner and squeeze over the truffles! (or dip them completely in the chocolate).
Coconut butter is easy to make! Simple put shredded coconut into a high speed blender and blend until the oils start to release and the coconut becomes smooth. You may need to scrape down the sides a little bit, but be patient! It takes a couple of minute. You can also buy it but it’s kind of expensive in my opinion!