It’s like every happy autumn day was whirled and blended into the dreamiest, creamiest dip imaginable. The best part? It’s completely plant-based; made without any oil, refined sweeteners, or dairy. Just 4 common, healthy ingredients blended with a few spices and vanilla extract and you’re on the highway to caramel pumpkin heaven.
Salted Caramel Pumpkin Dip [Vegan, Oil-Free, Refined Sugar-Free]
- 1 1/2 cups dates* (soaked in hot water 10 minutes and drained)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1-2 tablespoons plant-based milk, if needed, try to use as little as possible
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or pink himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice** + 1/4 teaspoon extra cinnamon
- Add all ingredients to your high speed blender or food processor. Use the tamper with a high speed blender and tap tap tap the ingredients as you blend from low to high. With a food processor, you’ll want to stop and scrape the sides down periodically. Blend until smooth, and store in the fridge. Will last a week, if you don’t eat it before then!
There is the option of adding a tablespoon of unrefined coconut oil, which adds a buttery taste and makes the texture a little firmer. If you’re not trying to keep it oil free, it makes a nice addition to this dip too. Make your own pumpkin pie spice with Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Ginger, All Spice, and Cloves.