This chickpea flatbread is high in protein, supports stable blood sugar levels, can increase satiety, improves digestion thanks to the high fiber content, and reduces the likelihood of developing diseases of affluence, simply because it is rich in essential vitamins and minerals. It's super nutritious and delicious!
Rosemary-Garlic Chickpea Flatbread [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 cups chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon egg alternative (alt: sub 1 tablespoon ground flax mixed with 3 tablespoons water)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons sea salt
- dash black pepper
- dash of cayenne
- 2 cups and 1 tablespoon water
- olive oil for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- While the oven is warming up, heat skillet over medium heat and add coconut oil. Next, add minced garlic and rosemary. Sauté for 1-3 minutes, or until golden brown. Turn off the heat and transfer mixture to a medium-sized bowl.
- Add chickpea flour, coconut flour, egg alternative, sea salt, black pepper, and cayenne. Stir briefly, then add 2 cups + 1 tablespoon water. Beat with a hand or electric mixer.
- Pour the batter into an 8 x 8 greased pan (coconut oil is recommended). Allow it to stand for at least 20 minutes. (It may seem like an odd step, but it’s important and improves the texture!)
- After the 20 minutes is up, bake your chickpea flatbread for 12-15 minutes. When you insert a knife or fork into the center, it should come out clean. Allow to cool for 3 hours before serving; it will thicken during this time.
- Optional: serve with a side of olive oil for dipping. Enjoy!