These rose coconut cheesecake bars are an beautiful treat to add to any meal time. Roses are the queens of flowers, they offer great health benefits, so why not try it even in dessert? The blackberry adds to the sweetness without being overpowering.
Rose Coconut Cheesecake Bars [Vegan, Raw]
For the Base:
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 4 medjool dates (or 6 deglet noir soaked in water)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
For Cheesecake Layer:
- 3/4 cup cashews (soaked in water)
- 1 cup vegan coconut yogurt
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean
- 1 teaspoon lemon syrup
- A handful clean rose petals
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons psyllium husk
- 3/4 cup fresh blackberries
First, soak your cashews in water for at least 3 hours (preferably overnight).
Prepare a baking pan lined with parchment paper. (I used 6 inch x 6 inch)
In a food processor blend all the crust ingredients together to form a dough.
Press the dough evenly in the lined pan (spoon or bottom of a glass)
In a blender blend all the cheesecake layer ingredients apart from 1/2 cup of your blackberries. Sprinkle the remaining berries on the prepared cake layer.
Pour the blended mixture in the pan and set aside (freezer is the best) for at least 3 hours before serving.