Roasted sweet potato rounds that are slightly crisp around the edges, but creamy and pillowy on the inside topped with chunky guacamole, fresh tomatoes, and green onions. It doesn't get any better than that — really. These little bites take less than 30 minutes to make and you don't need any obscure ingredients. So, if you’re looking for some apps to keep the family sustained during the football game, or just want a delicious, easy side dish for your holiday table, these are a sure crowd pleaser.
Roasted Sweet Potato Bites With Guacamole [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 4 sweet potatoes, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1/4 cup fresh diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Toss sweet potato rounds in olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread over a baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes, flipping once during cook time.
- When potatoes are done roasted, remove from oven and top with a scoop of guacamole, a few diced tomatoes, and a sprinkle of green onion.