This soup includes homemade roasted red peppers, tomatoes, and quinoa. It makes an amazingly warm dinner and is also vegan and gluten-free!
Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Soup:
- 4 red bell peppers
- 4 tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- pinch of salt
- dash of black pepper
- 4 teaspoons vegan cream
- 4 tablespoons cooked quinoa
- basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 360°F.
- Cut bell peppers in half, discard seeds, and place on a large baking tray, placing them flat with the skin up. Half the tomatoes and add to the tray, then add cherry tomatoes, sliced red onion and garlic cloves. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with some olive oil.
- Place in the oven to bake for about 15-20 minutes until the vegetables soften and turn darker.
- Once roasted, remove the vegetables from the oven. Peel the skin off the peppers and tomatoes, then place all vegetables in a large pot.
- Pour in vegetable stock and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook on low for about 10-15 minutes.
- With an immersion blender or in a blender, blend the soup until smooth.
- Serve with some plant-based cream, a spoonful of cooked quinoa and some basil leaves.