These roasted garlic cheese fritters are made with just five ingredients made in only three easy steps. Based on chickpeas, these fritters are also grain-free and can be made oil-free on top of being delicious. These are flavorful, easy, tasty, cheesy, hearty, garlicky, and cheesy. Delicious on their own — just serve them with some sauce for dipping. Or, for a full meal, throw them in a salad or in a wrap with plenty of greens. Countless possibilities, more deliciousness just for you.
Roasted Garlic Cheese Fritters [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Fritters:
- 12 garlic cloves
- 1 small leek
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas
- 7 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 4 tablespoons vegan Parmesan
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Cashew Parmesan:
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- A pinch of salt (optional)
To Make the Cashew Parmesan:
- Use a blender to process all ingredients to a Parmesan-like texture.
To Make the Fritters:
- Wash and chop the leek into fine bits and peel the garlic cloves. Fry both using a bit of oil in a small saucepan until they begin to brown. If you want to make this oil-free, use a bit of vegetable broth instead.
- Give chickpeas, nutritional yeast, garlic, vegan Parmesan, salt, and pepper (to taste) into the bowl of a food processor or blender. Blend until all is well combined but not too smooth – leave some texture.
- Finally, combine leek with the chickpea mixture in a bowl and form small fritters with your hands. Fry or simply bake them at 400° F for around 15 minutes.