Every now and then, people want to snack. Of course, it’s easy to reach for a bag of potato chips, pretzels or peanuts. And in moderation, each of these is fine. But, there are healthier – and tastier – alternatives: like this smokey and delicious snack packed with protein, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants!
Roasted Curry Cashews [Vegan]
- 2 cups raw cashews (no salt or other ingredients added)
Spicy marinade sauce:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoon yellow curry paste, homemade or store-bought
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Oven at 350°F.
- Spread the raw cashews on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and roast on middle rack in preheated oven for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the spicy marinade sauce.
- Take out the partially roasted cashews and transfer them into a medium-size bowl. Add the marinade and toss until the cashews are coated throughout.
- Transfer the spiced cashews back onto the same baking sheet with parchment and spread them out. Roast in the oven at the same temperature for another 10 minutes.
- When done, transfer the roasted cashews into a large platter to cool. If need be, while they are still hot, add some extra spice(s) or salt that suit your taste.
- Let them cool completely before enjoying. The cashews will get crunchy as they cool. Store in a glass jar with a lid.