Need a meal that encompasses both simplicity and big flavors? This roasted chickpea stuffed sweet potato will be your new favorite. Naturally loaded with vitamin A, fiber, potassium, B-vitamins, and powerful antioxidants, simple sweet potatoes make the perfect base for an easy, nourishing meal. Load them up with a nice source of protein (in this case, chickpeas) and your favorite flavorings, and you are good to go! Everyone will love them! Scrumptious oven-roasted chickpeas, yummy flavorings and a creamy sauce that work together in a truly beautiful way.
Roasted Chickpea Stuffed Sweet Potatoes With Tahini Sauce [Vegan]
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, rinsed and scrubbed
For the Oven-Roasted Chickpeas:
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas (may be from 15 oz. can)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs (parsley and basil work very well here!)
For the Creamy Tahini Sauce:
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2-3 tbsp water, as needed to thin to desired consistency
- Other veggies and toppings of choice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Prick holes into the sweet potatoes with a fork. Place onto the prepared baking sheet and bake 40 minutes to 1 hour, until the center of the potatoes are soft when pricked with a knife. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the roasted chickpeas and creamy tahini dressing.
To Make the Oven Roasted Chickpeas:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl until the chickpeas are evenly coated with the flavorings.
- Spread evenly onto the prepared baking sheet, and roast 35-40 minutes, until crisp and golden, tossing a few times during baking to prevent uneven browning.
To Make the Creamy Tahini Sauce:
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until creamy. Enjoy!
- Slice the potatoes down the center, almost to the bottom but not all the way through. Stuff each sweet potato with the roasted chickpeas and any other veggies of choice. Top with fresh herbs and creamy tahini sauce. Serve and enjoy!
- Nutritional Yeast / Nooch
- Sweet Potato
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Per Serving: Calories: 376 | Carbs: 48 g | Fat: 16 g | Protein: 13 g | Sodium: 83 mg | Sugar: 9 g Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
I\’d recommend garlic powder instead of minced garlic for the sauce. Otherwise you\’re mostly just chewing on raw garlic.
Only a 25 degree difference and the same cooking time? seems like something could be arranged so everything is ready at the same time. Looks good otherwise, super simple!