Need a meal that encompasses both simplicity and big flavors? This roasted chickpea stuffed sweet potato will be your new favorite. Naturally loaded with vitamin A, fiber, potassium, B-vitamins, and powerful antioxidants, simple sweet potatoes make the perfect base for an easy, nourishing meal. Load them up with a nice source of protein (in this case, chickpeas) and your favorite flavorings, and you are good to go! Everyone will love them! Scrumptious oven-roasted chickpeas, yummy flavorings and a creamy sauce that work together in a truly beautiful way.
Roasted Chickpea Stuffed Sweet Potatoes With Tahini Sauce [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Roasted Chickpea Stuffed Sweet Potatoes With Tahini Sauce [Vegan]
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, rinsed and scrubbed
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas (may be from 15 oz. can)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs (parsley and basil work very well here!)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2-3 tbsp water, as needed to thin to desired consistency
- Other veggies and toppings of choice
For the Oven-Roasted Chickpeas:
For the Creamy Tahini Sauce:
How to Prepare Roasted Chickpea Stuffed Sweet Potatoes With Tahini Sauce [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Prick holes into the sweet potatoes with a fork. Place onto the prepared baking sheet and bake 40 minutes to 1 hour, until the center of the potatoes are soft when pricked with a knife. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the roasted chickpeas and creamy tahini dressing.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl until the chickpeas are evenly coated with the flavorings.
- Spread evenly onto the prepared baking sheet, and roast 35-40 minutes, until crisp and golden, tossing a few times during baking to prevent uneven browning.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until creamy. Enjoy!
- Slice the potatoes down the center, almost to the bottom but not all the way through. Stuff each sweet potato with the roasted chickpeas and any other veggies of choice. Top with fresh herbs and creamy tahini sauce. Serve and enjoy!
To Make the Oven Roasted Chickpeas:
To Make the Creamy Tahini Sauce:
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 376 | Carbs: 48 g | Fat: 16 g | Protein: 13 g | Sodium: 83 mg | Sugar: 9 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.