Roasted and Charred Broccoli with Peanuts is quite simple, a really good appetizer or side dish, it’s so tasty thanks to the roasting process that brings out the nutty sweet flavor of broccoli.
Roasted Charred Broccoli With Peanuts [Vegan]
- 1 large broccoli, trimmed and cut into florets, separate stems
- 3 stalks spring onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- In a bowl toss together broccoli stems and a good amount of olive oil. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper then place in a baking sheet and bake in a 400ºF preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove roasted broccoli stems from the oven then toss it together with vinegar.
- Heat up a skillet then add the florets and some olive oil, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, stir often to prevent burning. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat, add the peanuts, chopped spring onions and sugar. Cook until nuts are golden brown.
- Combine it with the stems then serve.