Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
This soup has the sweetness of butternut squashed mixed with the creaminess of coconut milk. The ingredient list is simple; all you need are 6 ingredients to cook up this meal. Pair it with some crispy-on-the-outside, fluffy-on-the-inside bread for a winning dish.
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup [Vegan, Grain-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Roasted Butternut Squash Soup [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 6-8 cups of roasted butternut squash (usually 2 medium squashes)
- 3 4/5 cups of vegetable stock
- 1/2 to 1 can of coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1-2 tsp raw ginger, minced
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How to Prepare Roasted Butternut Squash Soup [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- Cut the squashes lengthwise and empty all of their seeds. Lay on a baking sheet with the skin facing up, pierce skins a few times and roast at 400°F for 45 minutes.
- In the meantime, when 5 minutes are left of roasting, bring the broth with all other ingredients to a simmer (except coconut milk).
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes and once done, add in coconut milk and remove from heat.
- Once the squashes are done roasting and are tender, remove from heat and let cool enough to handle.
- Once cool enough, scoop out all of the squash and add to a blender along with all of the other ingredients.
- Blend until very smooth.
- Reheat slightly before serving and add toppings of choice.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 121 | Carbs: 25 g | Fat: 3 g | Protein: 2 g | Sodium: 19 mg | Sugar: 10 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.