This soup has the sweetness of butternut squashed mixed with the creaminess of coconut milk. The ingredient list is simple; all you need are 6 ingredients to cook up this meal. Pair it with some crispy-on-the-outside, fluffy-on-the-inside bread for a winning dish.
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 6-8 cups of roasted butternut squash (usually 2 medium squashes)
- 3 4/5 cups of vegetable stock
- 1/2 to 1 can of coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1-2 tsp raw ginger, minced
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut the squashes lengthwise and empty all of their seeds. Lay on a baking sheet with the skin facing up, pierce skins a few times and roast at 400°F for 45 minutes.
- In the meantime, when 5 minutes are left of roasting, bring the broth with all other ingredients to a simmer (except coconut milk).
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes and once done, add in coconut milk and remove from heat.
- Once the squashes are done roasting and are tender, remove from heat and let cool enough to handle.
- Once cool enough, scoop out all of the squash and add to a blender along with all of the other ingredients.
- Blend until very smooth.
- Reheat slightly before serving and add toppings of choice.
- Butternut Squash
- Coconut Milk
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Per Serving: Calories: 121 | Carbs: 25 g | Fat: 3 g | Protein: 2 g | Sodium: 19 mg | Sugar: 10 g Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile