Roasted Brussels sprouts with garlic pecans. The most addictive side dish. Brussel sprouts are one of the most underrated vegetables. Steamed they’re okay, but roasted? You could eat the whole pan. These brussels sprouts aren’t only roasted, but they’re also topped with toasted salty and garlicky pecans. Those pecans are what takes these brussels sprouts to the next level.
Roasted Brussels sprouts with Garlic Pecans [Vegan]
- 8 cups brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 tablespoon oil (I use avocado oil or olive oil)
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spread the trimmed and halved brussels sprouts on a baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and toss until evenly coated. Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Spread the brussels sprouts in a single layer, cut-side down on the baking sheet.
- Roast for 20-30 minutes until perfectly roasted and crisp on the outside. Keep an eye on them during the last 5-10 minutes of cooking to avoid burning. The size of the brussels sprouts will affect the baking time. I like to keep mine closer to the 30 minutes to get them crispier.
- While the sprouts are roasting, prepare the garlic pecans: In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients together. Spread on a baking sheet and toast for 5 minutes at 400°F. You can wait for the sprouts to be done or you can add them during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Top the roasted brussels sprouts with the garlic pecans. Enjoy!