A perfect lunch or afternoon snack, the roasted broccolini adds smoky flavor and texture, and the balsamic reduction makes it feel like a gourmet treat.
Roasted Broccolini and Balsamic Quesadillas [Vegan]
- 1/2 c broccolini
- 2 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 c diced onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 slices vegan cheese
- 2 tortillas
- 1/4 c balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Toss broccolini with 1 tsp olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tsp oil in a skillet. Saute onions and garlic until soft. Remove from pan.
- Heat 1 tortilla in same pan. Layer 1/2 cheese, then 1/2 onion mixture, then 1/2 broccolini. Fold in half and press down to stick. Flip quesadilla to brown second side.
- Repeat with remaining tortilla and filling.
- Heat balsamic vinegar in a small skillet or saucepan until reduces in half and thickens. Drizzle over tortillas.
You can also make these into grilled cheese sandwiches, using bread instead of the tortillas. Yum!