These roasted artichokes with lemon aioli are simply dreaming - pair them with your favorite veggies or lentils and wow!
Roasted Artichokes With Lemon Aioli [Vegan]
- 2 artichokes
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup good mayo (for vegan option use egg free mayo)
- 1/4 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Trim artichoke leaves by snipping just the tops with scissors. Cut stem and leave about 1-2”. Cut artichokes in half and rub with lemon half and squeeze juice all over the artichoke halves. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Lay artichokes face down on parchment paper lined roasting sheet and roast for 35-40 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, combine mayo, mustard, pinch of salt, garlic, lemon zest and lemon juice in small mixing bowl and stir well to combine.
- When artichokes have finished cooking, remove one leaf at a time and dip bottoms in aioli and enjoy!