This Red Lentil Potato Soup is hearty and filling. It’s easy to make this vegan soup with basic ingredients in about 45 minutes. A nice quick simple and tasty satisfying soup perfect for those autumn days.
Red Lentil Potato Soup [Vegan]
- 3 potatoes
- 3 2/2 ounces red lentils
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 17 ounces homemade vegetable broth
- 2-4 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/8 cup vegan white wine
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- First soak the lenses in cold water for one hour. Peel potatoes, carrots and onion and cut into small cubes. Heat oil in a large pot, and add potatoes, carrots, garlic and onions. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently, to prevent burning.
- Add the lentils and the tomato paste, stirring frequently and add the white wine. Pour vegetable broth on top. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 25-35 minutes, until the lentils are cooked and potatoes are tender. Scoop out approximately 1 cup soup and mix until creamy in a measuring cup with a hand blender. Then add back into the soup. Taste the soup and add more salt and pepper if needed. Serve warm.