Blended bananas are the perfect substitute for the traditional egg in this decadent Strawberry Pecan Stuffed French Toast recipe. A regular loaf of bread works great, or you can try slicing up a mini baguette for fun, bite-size toasts. I've decorated this sweet breakfast with maple syrup and additional fresh strawberries, but a simple sprinkle of confectioners' sugar or even an additional spoonful of the strawberry filling would both make excellent toppings.
Strawberry Pecan Stuffed French Toast [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Strawberry Pecan Stuffed French Toast [Vegan]
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 8 slices of thick bread (or 16 mini slices for smaller toasts)
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup vanilla almond milk
How to Prepare Strawberry Pecan Stuffed French Toast [Vegan]
- Stir together the strawberries, cream cheese substitute and chopped pecans until fully combined. Set aside.
- Blend the sliced bananas, brown sugar, vanilla extract and almond milk in a blender or food processor until fully combined, approximately 30 seconds.
- Pour the batter blend into a large bowl.
- Spread the strawberry cream mix on one slice of bread, all the way to the edges.
- Sandwich another slice of bread on top of the strawberry-covered slice.
- Press down firmly around the edges to help the bread stick together.
- Dip one side of the sandwich in the batter, then the other side.
- Cook the toast on a griddle or a prepared skillet until brown, approximately 3-4 minutes on each side. Reduce the heat if you find that the toast is browning too quickly.
- Serve warm.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.