If you thought raw pumpkin desserts could not be done, then take a look at this beautiful raw pumpkin pie! The slightly chewy crust is made from nuts and dried fruits and for the filling, all you need to do is blend cubed sugar pumpkin with dates, coconut oil, and pumpkin pie spice (of course). The result is a delicious pie that captures the spirit of the cooked version. This would be delicious served with a big scoop of raw vanilla ice cream.
Raw Pumpkin Pie [Vegan]
For the Crust:
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup dates
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
For the Pumpkin Filling:
- 1 sugar pumpkin (about 7 cups), peeled, gutted and cut into cubes
- 1 cup dates
- 4 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1-4 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves)
To Make the Crust:
- Process the nuts in your food processor until they are like a rough flour. Add the dates, raisins and salt. Pulse until it all sticks together in a lump. Press into the bottom of a pie dish and refrigerate.
To Make the Pie Filling:
- Process the pumpkin cubes until they can't get any smaller in your food processor. Add in the other ingredients and process until it can't get any smoother. Transfer the filling to your high-speed blender and blend on the highest setting to get it super smooth like the cooked version. Add whatever you think it needs. Spread the filling onto your pie crust and let it set in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- Serve with raw ice cream or cashew cream.
- Pumpkin Spice
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Per Slice: Calories: 361 | Carbs: 34 g | Fat: 23 g | Protein: 9 g | Sodium: 3 mg | Sugar: 25 g Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile