Do you know someone who doesn’t like chocolate? I don’t… Everyone loves it! This is the reason why I want to share with you my raw version of chocolates, up to everybody, so they are gluten-free, dairy-free and also free of additives and refined sugar. I keep them Raw by not using high temperatures in the preparation, so the chocolates have still all the nutrients from the cacao. I played a little bit with them trying to make something different and attractive. I get some new flavors and textures that I want to show you! Are you ready? Let’s start with the ingredients you are going to need.
Raw Chocolates [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 250 g Cocoa butter
- 200 g raw cocoa powder
- 125 g agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla powder
- Put some water in a saucepan over very low heat and place a glass bowl over the pot. The water must not boil and it's important that any drop of water falls into the cacao butter, because the water could spoil the whole mixture.
- Then put the cacao butter in the bowl to melt it. This temperature should not exceed 105ºF because we want to keep it Raw and also we want to keep all the cocoa properties and flavor.
- Once the butter is fully melted, take it off the heat and start adding the cocoa powder, sieving to avoid lumps. Come while stirring add it to the mixture until evenly mixed.
- Then add the agave syrup to sweeten to taste.
- When the mixture is ready, pour it into molds and save them in the refrigerator until completely solid.
- If you want to decorate your chocolates you can add nuts, spirulina sticks, hemp seeds, buckwheat, gogi berries, cacao nibs…