Tender navy beans, fresh rosemary and diced tomatoes pair perfectly with fluffy quinoa in this simple, nutritious and extremely flavorful vegan dish. This recipe is quick and easy to prepare without compromising on taste or presentation. Try it for a cozy Valentine's Day at home or a quick weeknight dinner!
Petite Navy Beans With Rosemary and Diced Tomato [Vegan]
- 1 cup of dry quinoa
- 2 tablespoons of fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 cup of diced fresh tomato
- 2 cups of navy beans
- Rinse quinoa under running tap water for about a minute using a very fine strainer.
- Add quinoa and 1.5 cups of water to a medium saucepan. Cook uncovered over high heat until water begins to boil. Immediately reduce heat to low and cover.
- Cook covered for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to sit, covered, for an additional 5 minutes. Set aside.
- While quinoa is cooking, combine rosemary, olive oil and tomato in another medium saucepan. Cook 4-5 minutes over medium-high heat to soften.
- Stir in navy beans and cook an additional 4-5 minutes, or just until beans are heated through.
- To serve, fluff quinoa with a fork and spoon onto plates. Top with bean mixture. Garnish with herb sprigs if desired.