In the true spirit of the season of giving, here’s one of my favorite adaptations of a holiday family favorite recipe, Oreo Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls. That’s right – chocolate, peanut butter and Oreo cookies. A trifecta of tastiness!
Oreo Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls [Vegan]
- 2 cups crushed sandwich cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Place the crushed Oreos, peanut butter and powdered sugar in a bowl and stir until blended.
- Roll into bit-size balls. Refrigerate for about an hour.
- Use your preferred method to melt chocolate chips. I cook the chocolate over very low heat in a small saucepan because I like keeping the chocolate warm as I’m dipping the peanut butter balls. Next add the coconut oil and stir until well-blended.
- Tear off a piece of wax paper and place it on a cookie sheet.
- Next, dip peanut butter balls in the melted chocolate using a fork so you can tap off excess chocolate.
- Lay chocolate covered balls on waxed paper until chocolate coating is firm. I place the cookie sheet with peanut butter balls in the fridge to help speed up the process…so I can begin my favorite part – the eating.