Grilling season is here! Everybody loves potato salads, but sometimes it's fun to rock tradition. With that in mind, give this Moroccan Potato Salad with Corn and Kale a try! Be sure to add any other vegetables that you can't resist at the farm market, such as those gorgeous radishes that are now in season. This sensational (and so easy!) potato salad is the perfect side for burgers or not dogs, grilled egpplant or tofu, tempeh, or seitan steaks, and so much more. The harissa in this is what really makes it special. Harissa is a spicy red pepper paste from North Africa. Hot peppers are combined with garlic, cumin, and other ground spices. Families prepare their own custom blends to suit their tastes. Commercially, it can usually be found in jars in the Ethnic aisle of well-stocked grocery stores. If you can't find it, it's easy to prepare you own. A recipe can be found in Grills Gone Vegan. Try my harissa recipe as a starting point, then take it in your own direction to create your own house blend.
Moroccan Potato Salad With Corn and Kale [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Moroccan Potato Salad With Corn and Kale [Vegan]
- 4 or 5 red potatoes, baked or boiled, cut into pieces
- Corn cut from two cooked cobs (for a slightly smoky flavor, use grilled corn)
- 1/2 cup minced celery
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 3 tablespoons vegan reduced-fat mayonnaise, more if needed
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste, or to taste
- Juice from 1/2 fresh lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 "bunch" baby kale
How to Prepare Moroccan Potato Salad With Corn and Kale [Vegan]
- Combine the potatoes, corn, celery, and onion in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, harissa, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Pour over the vegetables and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes (or up to 12 hours ) for the flavors to meld. Right before serving, stir in the kale.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.