Wow, it's been a while! Between traveling and starting a new job I have had no time to share recipes with the dearest One Green Planet readers. Here is my newest obsession. One of the creamiest and smoothest textures for sauces and dips can be achieved with young coconut meat. In this dip/sauce I combined cashews and young coconut meat with mint to create a great spread. It can be used on crackers, flat breads, or simply eaten with a spoon. Both coconut meat and cashews provide our bodies with healthy fats. So don't be afraid to ditch that morning bagel with cream cheese habit and replace it with this tasty alternative!
Mint Coconut-Cashew Cream Cheese Spread [Vegan]
- 1 cup young coconut meat
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 handful of chopped fresh mint
- Put the coconut meat, water, and cashews in the food processor and blend until a creamy consistency is achieved.
- Add the lemon juice, zest, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper. Process until well-combined.
- Add the chopped mint and pulse a few times.
- Refrigerate before serving.