These macaroons are sweet, lemony, and you don't have to bake them at all. Cocoa butter is the key ingredient to achieving that white chocolate flavor and nice, fudgy texture. Mix these up for your friends and family and watch that sparkle of happiness light up in their eyes. Maybe even a single tear of joy over the absolute deliciousness — alright, maybe not, but they are very good.
Raw White Chocolate and Lemon Macaroons [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3/4 cups raw cashews, ground into course meal
- 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut, pulsed in the food processor a few times if it’s not finely shredded
- 1 ounce cocoa butter, gently melted (about 2 1/2-3 tablespoons melted)
- 2 tablespoons coconut nectar or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (approximately 1/2 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A tiny pinch of sea salt
- Shredded coconut for rolling, if desired
- Add all ingredients to food processor and process until it sticks together. Scoop out with a tablespoon (or a cookie scoop) and roll into balls, rolling in shredded coconut if desired. Place them on a parchment-lined tray or plate and then set in the freezer for about 10 minutes. Store in the refrigerator.