These vibrant raw veggie wraps come together within minutes and are bursting with fresh, whole foods. A rainbow of vegetables is assembled and then and stuffed them into dark leafy greens. Raw green collards make an awesome wrap – they’re a natural, gluten-free, and a nutrient dense alternative to most wheat-based tortilla wraps. Pack these collard wraps for lunch, bring them to a picnic, and enjoy them as the weather gets warmer.
Raw Veggie Wraps With Walnut Pate [Vegan]
For the Wraps:
- 4 large collard leaves
- 3-6 tablespoons walnut pate (recipe below)
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 2 stalks celery, julienned
- 1 zucchini, julienned
- 1/2 cup shredded purple cabbage
For the Walnut Pate:
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 4 soaked sun-dried/dehydrated tomatoes
- A pinch of sea salt
- A pinch of cumin
- A pinch of curry
- Place all the pate ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Wash your collard leaves.
- Cut off the protruding end of the stems.
- Lay the leaves topside down on a cutting board.
- Using a paring knife, gently shave down the raised part of the spines so the surface of the collard is nice and flat.
- Spread 1-2 tablespoons of pate down the center of each leaf and distribute the rest of the vegetables evenly among the leaves, laying them parallel to the spines. Be sure to leave about an inch on each edge uncovered.
- Fold over the top and bottom and then wrap up the sides tucking it tightly with every turn.
- Slice in half with a sharp knife and serve.