These are chock full of super foods to provide your body and mind with long-lasting energy to get through your busy (or leisurely) day. What have they got? Chia seeds, flax seeds, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, cacao nibs, raisins, dates, and coconut. You can't beat this recipe as far as nutrition goes. Try to find organic varieties of each ingredient - and of course raw!
Raw Super Food Energy Bars With Cacao [Vegan]
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/3 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup dates
- 1-2 tablespoons melted coconut oil, if needed
- Throw the dry ingredients (keep a little bit of each ingredient to add in a second) in your food processor, then add the dates and raisins and process until everything it starts to stick together. If too dry, add more dates or coconut oil.
- Put in the remaining dry ingredients you left out and mix in with your hands.
- Press into a lined pan and set in the fridge for an hour or more.
- Cut into bars and store for up to one week. If you have extra, shape them into cupcakes and top off with raw chocolate.
- Raw Cacao