Have you ever enjoyed a savory cheesecake? It's pretty much a complete meal in cake form! This particular cake includes a delicious sun-dried tomato and sunflower seed crust, cashew cheese filling, and spinach. It's also flecked with nutritional yeast for some added cheesy goodness. We guarantee you've never had a cheesecake like this!
Raw Spinach Cheesecake [Vegan]
For the Crust:
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup flaxseed
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the Cheese Layer:
- 2 cups cashews, soaked for 3 hours
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups baby spinach (2 cups)
- Small bunch of fresh basil
- Place cashews into bowl, cover with water and leave to soak for 3 hours. Rinse well under running water and drain.
- Place the sun-dried tomatoes into bowl, cover with boiling water and leave to soak for about 20-30 minutes. Drain once soft.
- In a food processor or blender, process sunflower seeds until broken down, but not completely ground. Add drained sun-dried tomatoes, flaxseed, oregano, sea salt, and olive oil and process until the mixture sticks together.
- Press the mixture evenly onto bottom of a spring-form round cake tin and set aside.
- Place cashews into blender with water and lemon juice and blend until smooth and creamy. Add nutritional yeast, garlic, sea salt, and black pepper and blend again. Finally add washed spinach and basil and blend just until incorporated.
- Spoon the mixture onto the crust layer and smooth out the top. It will be of thick consistency.
- Place into freezer for about 3 hours to set.
- Remove from the tin once set and serve.