This delicious, raw, vegan lasagna is made with mushroom meat, golden zucchini cheese, garlic herb tomato sauce, and eggplant/zucchini “noodle” layers. Don't be warded off by the fact that there are four layers! This is a fairly simple recipe since once everything is prepped, you just have to assemble the layers and pop it in the oven or dehydrator.
Raw Lasagna With Mushroom Meat and Zucchini Cheese [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Noodles:
- 1 eggplant
- 1 zucchini
For the Tomato Sauce:
- 4 tomatoes, preferably Romas, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon peppercorn
- A pinch of salt
For the Mushroom Meat:
- 4 cups Crimini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
For the Zucchini Cheese:
- 1 cup golden zucchini, shredded
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
To Make the Noodles:
- Peel the eggplant and cut into even 1/4-inch strips, best done with a mandoline.
- Cut zucchini into even 1/4-inch strips.
- Lay the noodles flat on the dehydrator sheet, or parchment paper-lined baking sheet. You may also want to oil the surface if using the oven.
- Sprinkle a little salt over them.
To Make the Tomato Sauce:
- Slice the tomatoes, onions, and garlic and lay them flat. Put the herbs over top.
To Make the Mushroom Meat:
- Throw all the ingredients into the food processor and mix until it resembles ground meat.
- Lay it out flat and spaced out as best as possible.
To Make the Zucchini Cheese:
- Shred the zucchini and put it in a small mixing bowl.
- Add the nutritional yeast and salt, and mix together.
- Lay out flat and spaced out as best as possible.
Dehydrate or Bake:
- Dehydrate all the trays at about 135 degrees for 1-2 hours or bake at the lowest temperature for 1-2 hours, check frequently. If your oven has a convection setting, use it.
- Layer all the ingredients and serve.