Here's a recipe to experience a delightful, filling meal that is out of this world. I could eat this salad every day and not tire of it. I’ve never had anything like it before. I was so pleasantly surprised at the complexity of flavors with such few ingredients. This is a nutrition power house meal that can serve two hungry people.
Raw Massaged Kale Salad with Fresh Figs and Oranges [Vegan]
- 1 bunch of organic kale – stripped from stem and chopped
- Large handful of organic parsley – chopped
- 8 – 10 fresh organic figs or dried organic (non-sulfured) - (soak well to reconstitute) – stem removed and quartered
- 2 organic oranges – peeled, de-seeded and cut into small chunks
- 1 avocado – seed removed
- 1 organic orange – juiced
- big pinch of himalayan salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- agave or stevia to sweeten – to taste
- Combine all ingredients for the dressing into a large bowl and mash till chunky. Now add the kale and parsley to this dressing mix and start to massage with your hands until leaves have broken down and are wilted. Taste. Adjust flavors and top with the orange and fig.