When it starts to get hot, you naturally want something sweet and refreshing. And what is more sweet or refreshing then ice creams or sorbets? This icy desserts is made with a perfectly ripe mango and coconut milk garnished with raw cocoa, lemon balm leaves, strawberries, and mulberries.
Raw Mango Ice Cream [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
1 ripe mango
1 14.5-ounce can of coconut milk
1 cup ice
2 tablespoons of raw cocoa powder
1 tablespoon of cocoa nibs
1/2 teaspoon bourbon vanilla powder
6 lemon balm leaves
Strawberries and mulberries
Lemon juice, to taste
Grated lemon peel, to taste
- Remove the solid part of the coconut milk with a spoon (keep the can it in the refrigerator at least 24 hours prior) and then put it in a blender with the peeled mango.
- Add the vanilla and lemon balm leaves. Start by blending with pulse setting until the mixture becomes creamy and smooth. Sample and sweeten if necessary.
- Add the ice cubes and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Season with a little lemon juice.
- Put less than half of the cream on the bottom of a glass, sprinkle with sifted raw cocoa powder, cocoa beans, and lemon peel, chopped finely. Cover with remaining cream. Sprinkle with other raw cocoa powder and decorated with fruit.