Macaroons make for tasty treats that look really cute, too. All the coconut in these provides healthy fats, which is good for your hormone balance, skin, and energy levels. Once you’ve made the base, you can choose which variations you want to make based on your preference or what you happen to have on hand.
Raw Macaroons Four Ways [Vegan]
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup or coconut nectar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons moringa leaf powder
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 2 tablespoons ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon goji powder
- 1 tablespoon beet powder
- 2 teaspoons pine pollen
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon maca
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- Melted chocolate for dipping (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- 4 drops peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon astragalus
- To make the base, place the dry ingredients in a bowl and stir in the coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla. (If the coconut oil is hard at room temperature, gently melt it over low heat or in a hot water bath.)
- Stir until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Add your chosen flavor variation and mix well.
- Roll the mixture into 2-inch balls.
- Place the balls on a baking sheet or tray and place in the freezer for 20 minutes or more.
- Transfer the firm balls to an airtight container and store in the fridge or freezer for a couple of weeks.
Good for: Hormone Balance, Energy, Adrenal Health