This is a beautifully green cheesecake that is a great way to introduce people to raw food and especially raw desserts! The creamy cashew and avocado based filling is just as smooth and silky as the real deal. A plentiful amount of lime juice and matcha powder give the cake a refreshing, earthy flavor perfect for hot days.
Raw Lime Matcha Cheesecake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Base:
- 1 1/2 cup dates, roughly chopped
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
For the Filling:
- 2 cups raw cashew nuts, (soak in water 2-4 hours)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup coconut nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 heaped teaspoon of matcha powder
To Make the Base:
- Process the nuts until they begin to break down and then add the dates and coconut. Process until the mixture comes together. Press the mixture into the base of a 9-inch spring form pie tin.
To Make the Filling:
- Strain the soaked cashews and rinse well.
- In a high speed blender, blend all ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Pour mixture into prepared cake base and refrigerate until firm, around 3-4 hours.
- The cake will keep in the refrigerator for up to five days. It also freezes well.