These kale chips are a crunchy, flavorful snack, with a perfect ratio of earthiness from the tahini and sourness from the lemon. A bit of nutritional yeast adds some depth to the flavor and a bit of garlic brings it all together.
Raw Lemon Tahini Kale Chips [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Oil-Free]
- 1 bunch curly kale
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- Pinch of sea salt
- Remove the stems from the kale and tear into 3-inch pieces.
- Put all the remaining ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Lay out on dehydrator sheets.
- Dehydrate at 135°F for one hour, then at 115°F for 8 hours, or until crispy.